Coaches must observe ALL rules in the Competition Guide
Specifically, the following rules have been disregarded at the whim of coaches and at the discretion of referees in the past:
1. All games consist of 4 QUARTERS
· Games CANNOT BE BROKEN UP into two halves, even if both coaches agree
· The referee cannot allow it
2.There is NO FREE SUBSTITUTION
·Unlike travel soccer, players cannot be substituted during specific stoppages during a game. The referee cannot allow this even if both coaches agree.
* 2011 Competition Guide - Rules and Regulations for the 2011 Season
* Coaching Soccer Best Practices - US Youth Soccer Player Development Guidelines.
Best Practices for Coaching Soccer in the United States
* New York State West 2009 Coaches Handbook - Vast resource of information for youth soccer coaches. Includes practice plans, coaching tips, etc.
PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS AN 18mb FILES AND WILL TAKE A WHILE TO DOWNLOAD
* U10 and U12 Field Layout - Describes the configuration of Buckland 20 and 23 for use for both U10 and U12 soccer
* U10 Lesson Plans - Lesson Plans for U10 Facilitators
* U6 Lesson Plans - Lesson Plans for U6 Facilitators
* U8 Lesson Plans - Lesson Plans for U8 Facilitators
some or all of the preceding
documents can be downloaded and displayed and/or printed in
format. If you do not have